Seriously. Make sure your device – whether a DSLR or your smart phone – is fully charged. Because from the moment you walk through the gates, you’ll be snapping pics right and left. Scenic photos of the brilliant displays of Christmas lights, posed pictures with your loved ones and the Grinch on a jet ski or candid shots of kids’ reactions to the excitement of that first merry-go-ride – the opportunities to capture memories are endless. You may even get a photo (or 20) that would be perfect for your Christmas card!
Here are the photo ops that make our top 10, and we found visitors and fellow bloggers who agree!
1. The Entrance Between the huge inflatable Santa, the mega-arch and the start of what will be literally millions of lights, the clicking begins!
2. The Holiday Displays of Santa Claus Lane “You walk down a beautifully-lit street with themed displays on both sides. You can take photos in front of them and watch the adorable little animated shows…” – Jenn, The Rebel Chick
3. Reindeers, Snowmen and Surfing Santa! This place has all kinds of cool photo ops – from Santa’s friends wandering around to standing under Santa’s spaceship or taking a picture with Santa on his fishing boat (NEW this year)!
4. Letters to Santa Cuteness abounds as you capture the moment when your child drops their note to St. Nick into that huge mailbox.
5. Other Fun Festive Adornments Your kids will want to put their heads in every cutout and look like an elf, gingerbread child, leprechaun and even a butterfly!
6. Face Painting Snap before, during and after photos and post the adorable results on your Facebook page.
7. South Florida’s Largest Christmas Tree After you wear out your picture-taking finger getting the best angle of all of the lights on the tree, don’t forget to make your way to the photo spot by the tree and pose for a great family photo.
8. The carnival This is cheating a little bit in an effort to keep our list to a top 10, because there are actually hundreds of photo options once you get to the amusement park side of Santa’s. Between the rides, the food (fried Oreos, people!), the petting zoo and the shows, you could fill up an entire album!
9. Celebrities – Dwayne Wade and Gabrielle Union are frequent guests with Wade’s World Foundation, and some of Miami’s most famous residents have stopped in to enjoy the fun with their families. Snap a pic if you can!
10. And of course … Santa Claus! Says one blogger, “Snapping a photo with the man in the jolly red suit may take a bit of cajoling for shy children, but this is a photo op you won’t want to pass up, so go pose by Santa’s chair and flash the camera your biggest grin – making memories like these is worth a bit of effort.” – Alicia Palma
Santa’s Enchanted Forest does offer professional photos with Santa, but the rest of the opportunities mentioned here are absolutely free as you wonder through the park. Don’t forget to share your favorites with us on Facebook or Instagram! Use the hashtags #sefmemories or #santasenchantedforest. We can’t wait to see them!