Dinner and a movie is a date night staple, but why not mix it up a bit and try a new adventure? Whether you’re going on a first date, celebrating a special occasion or looking for a night out for just the two of you, Santa’s Enchanted Forest is a perfect choice. Stroll hand-in-hand past holiday displays, go for a ride on the Mega Drop and munch on fresh mini donuts together.
To add a bit more spice to the evening, share this list of five “tasks” with your significant other and have fun!
- Commemorate your date. Start with a stroll down Santa Claus Lane. Ask strangers to take photos of you and your significant other striking the craziest pose you can muster with the tree or with one of the Santa displays. For example, pretend you caught a huge fish on Santa’s boat or that the waves are massive as you ride the jet ski with Santa or The Grinch! Post your faves on Facebook or Instagram (don’t forget to tag us – #sefdatenight or #santasenchantedforest) and ask your friends to vote on who has the best look.
- Engage in friendly competition. Challenge each other to your favorite games and try to win a prize. Or, go head to head in a water gun race and see who comes out on top. The winner gets to pick the first ride of the night!
- Seek out the park’s best thrill. Crazy Mouse. Avalanche. Windstorm. Santa’s Enchanted Forest has numerous thrill rides. Choose the one that excites you the most and then try to mimic your partner’s reaction at the end of the ride. As a bonus task, take a turn on the Ferris wheel and share your favorite memories of the evening so far as you get a bird’s-eye view of the park. Here’s a tip to avoid the lines: If you’re headed to the park on a busy weekend, pick up an express pass before you go.
- Indulge in a new treat. Carnival foods are meant to be shared. If you’re on a first date, either pick something you’ve never tried before (fried Oreos!) and give it a taste or choose a food that brings back a favorite childhood memory and share those thoughts with each other. Or, if you’re not trying to make a good first-date impression, each of you choose the messiest food you can find and record your date digging in! Need some suggestions? Check out our post on the foods you can find at Santa’s.
- Don’t forget the romance. Take a selfie of you and your sweetie smooching on Mistletoe Lane. See who can take the best photo!
Think you can complete all of the challenges in one memorable night? Tell us about your experience and share your own favorite Santa’s date night activities. If you post your photos online, be sure to tag us. Use the hashtags #sefdatenight or #santasenchantedforest.